Monday, October 17, 2011

Detroit Rock City

Abandoned Detroit Train Depot




you go girl in Detroit!

Admiring The Alley Project

Alley Project



Heidelberg Project


Dotty Wotty at Heidelberg




My interpretation of Dotty Wotty

Easter Market

I can still smell these grapes...

Hundreds and hundreds of flowers at eastern market


10 stories of beauty







Detroit is what i used to call a good friends ex-girlfriend. She just fit the image of what I thought that city was. I was so wrong... This past weekend, Detroit carved out a special place in my heart. There is something about the abandoned homes, train stations and factories that say 'hope' instead of 'despair'. For every bit of destruction there was some form of artistic expression. The people of Detroit speak so passionately about living there and why they love it. I tried to capture it in photos but none did it justice. I can't wait to go back and visit the "hit factory" and the Museum of Contemporary Arts, eat more of Slow's BBQ and take in some more of this amazing city.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search